Sump Pump Installation, Repair, and Maintenance
Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Hillsboro OR
If you’ve noticed flooding or moisture in your basement then you’ll likely benefit from the installation of a sump pump. A sump pump collects water from below the floor of your building’s basement and pumps it out of the building through standard piping. This prevents flooding and other problems such as mold growth and structural damage. A working sump pump is crucial if you live in an area with a lot of moisture or rainfall. The journeyman plumbers of All Pro Plumbing can install and repair sump pump systems throughout the Portland OR area.
Sump Pump Installation
A professional plumbing service can install a sump pump in your home or commercial building using the commercial-grade tools required for the task. Below is the sump pump installation process.
- Your licensed plumber will help choose the best place for the pump based on factors like slope, grade, electrical wiring, and the layout of your building’s plumbing.
- A basin for the sump pump to sit in is then placed into the ground. This may require breaking up a small section of concrete in the floor.
- A filter cloth is wrapped around the basin, and a flat stone often placed inside the basin for the pump to sit on.
- The sump pump is placed in the basin and connected to your electrical supply and plumbing.
- A removable cover is installed to protect the new sump pump system.
Request Plumbing Service Now!
Call now to request plumbing service!
Sump Pump Repair
Your sump pump may last 10 years or more under normal use, but sump pumps occasionally require repair for several reasons, such as broken parts or debris entering the impeller. If you’ve noticed loud noises like churning, whining, or grinding coming from your sump pump, then it’s time to have it inspected for repair services. If your basement is flooding or smells musty or moldy, you should also consider a failing sump pump to be the likely culprit.
Sump Pump Maintenance
The life of your sump pump can be extended through regular maintenance. Maintenance for sump pumps involves removing the basin cover and disconnecting the fittings that attach the pump to its piping. The sump pump is then removed and cleaned, with attention being paid to any rocks or debris lodged in the pump’s motor or impeller. Depending on the model of your sump pump, a filter or filter fabric around the pump’s basin should also be changed during this maintenance.
Contact All Pro Plumbing today for sump pump installation and sump pump repair services. We have over twenty years of experience in the plumbing industry, and our focus is always customer service.