Water Heater Troubleshooting Tips
Serving Hillsboro | Beaverton | West Portland
Is your water heater acting up? Do you know the signs that a water heater needs repair? There are some general indications that your water heater is no longer functioning properly, including:
- Water tastes or smells “off”
- Water takes a long time to heat up
- Water only gets above a certain temperature
- Fluctuating water temperature
- Low water pressure
First Steps for Troubleshooting a Water Heater
Out of hot water? Don’t panic! There are a couple of troubleshooting steps to complete before you’ll need to call a plumber.
- Check the power source.
- Are there any tripped circuit breakers?
- Are there any blown fuses?
- Is power being supplied to the thermostat on the outside of the water heater?
If the power supply is not the issue, it’s time to call a professional plumber for water heater diagnostics!
Professional Water Heater Diagnostics
Here are some of the water heater components a professional plumber will look at and test to diagnose your water heater problem:
- The component that heats the water (electric or otherwise)
- Connections to hot/cold water fixtures
- The size of your heater and the water needs
- Sediment within connections or pipes
Call for Professional Water Heater Troubleshooting
At All Pro Plumbing, we know that when your hot water heater goes out, you want it fixed fast. Whether you have a natural gas, electric, or tankless water heater, we can determine exactly what’s going wrong with your water heater, helping you decide whether to repair, restore, or replace your existing water heater to get hot water flowing again. We’ve been repairing and installing water heaters for over 20 years, and we service all brands and models. If you’re concerned about your water heater functioning properly, or want to explore new installation options, call us today to set an appointment!Back to Water Heater Installation
Ready to Talk to Our Plumbers?
Click the button below to leave your information and our team will be in touch.
Water Heater Troubleshooting in Portland Beaverton & Hillsboro OR
Serving Washington County and West Multnomah County