Electric Water Heater Services
Water heaters are an integral part of your home. From hot showers to washing dishes, you rely on you hot water heater to work at all times. Electric water heaters are a common type of water heater, and they have a range of benefits.
Installation of Electric Water Heaters
Electric heaters require knowledge of plumbing and electrical work. While they’re simpler than gas water heaters to install, it does still take extensive expertise to make sure a water heater is hooked up correctly. Call All Pro Plumbing for expert electric water heater installation!
Benefits of Electric Water Heaters
- Safer than gas water heaters, because of the lack of combustion-fueled power
- Less heat loss on standby mode
- Simpler than gas water heaters, because there are no restrictions on how or where they can be used
- Can be the best option in some areas, because of lack of natural gas
Common Repairs for Electric Water Heaters
- Resetting the power: This needs to be done if there is no power going to the water heater.
- Defective heating coil: this can result in the water not heating up to a proper temperature.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: this can also result in the water not heating up to a proper temperature, but it can also result in water being too hot.
- Corrosion: this can result in water leaks and foul smelling, rusty water.
Tankless vs Conventional Electric Water Heaters
Electric water heaters can come in two forms: tankless and conventional. All Pro Plumbing has experience with both, and we’ve outlined the differences below.
Tankless water tank:
- Creates hot water on demand.
- It can use gas or electricity as a fuel source, but gas generally works better with tankless water heaters.
- All of the water heating is done through coils that heat water quickly, so you don’t have to store hot water in a tank.
- Because water is not kept at a constant temperature, tankless heaters are more energy efficient.
- This type of water heater is better suited for smaller homes, or homes that have less of a demand for hot water at all times.
Conventional water tank:
- Keeps water stored in a tank.
- That water is hot at all times.
- The heater is constantly working to keep the water at a set temperature.
- Good for large spaces, or homes with a large hot water demand.
- Not as efficient as tankless water heaters.
Professional Electric Water Heater Installation and Repair
If you’re looking to upgrade, repair, or diagnose your electric water heater, contact All Pro Plumbing. We have extensive experience with all types of water heaters, and we can advise you on the best solution for your home.
Electric Water Heaters in Portland Beaverton & Hillsboro OR
Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Hillsboro OR: