Gas Water Heater Services
Water heaters are an integral part of your home. From hot showers to washing dishes, you rely on you hot water heater to work at all times. Gas water heaters can be either propane or natural gas fueled, and they have a range of benefits.
Gas Water Heater Installation
In general, gas appliance installation requires a professional who knows how to work with this fuel source. Anything that runs on gas needs to be properly vented, and gas water heaters have specific requirements for that venting. Other than the fuel source, most conventional gas heaters work just like electric ones. Gas water heaters typically cost more upfront, but you’ll save a lot more money on utilities over the course of its lifetime.
Common Repairs for Gas Water Heaters
- Broken thermocouple: this results in the pilot light constantly going out.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: this results in cold water, or water never heating to temperature
- Broken gas valve: this can also result in the water not being heated.
- Sediment buildup: this can cause your water heater to make clicking sounds.
Tankless vs Conventional Gas Water Heaters
Gas water heaters can come in two forms: tankless and conventional. All Pro Plumbing has experience with both, and we’ve outlined the differences below.
Tankless water tank:
- Creates hot water on demand.
- It can use gas or electricity as a fuel source, but gas generally works better with tankless water heaters.
- All of the water heating is done through coils that heat water quickly, so you don’t have to store hot water in a tank.
- Because water is not kept at a constant temperature, tankless heaters are more energy efficient.
- This type of water heater is better suited for smaller homes, or homes that have less of a demand for hot water at all times.
- Conventional water tank:
- Keeps water stored in a tank.
- That water is hot at all times.
- The heater is constantly working to keep the water at a set temperature.
- Good for large spaces, or homes with a large hot water demand.
- Not as efficient as tankless water heaters.
Professional Gas Water Heater Installation and Repair
If you’re looking to upgrade, repair, or diagnose your gas water heater, contact All Pro Plumbing. We have extensive experience with all types of water heaters, and we can advise you on the best solution for your home.